This popped up on Facebook as my post (on the old blog) from a year ago… I am still wondering who I am! A work in progress, I like to say. I can even add a few more facts to the list.
When you were twelve or so, did you sit around and wonder why you are you and how you got to be you? I did. But maybe I was a weird kid and I was the only one lying in bed at night looking up at the ceiling doing all that wondering. I remember asking myself “What makes me me?” I studied genetics in a college biology course and I found it fascinating, but it didn’t answer my question. And I was indeed still asking myself that very same question, even after learning about DNA and chromosomes. All these years later, I am still wondering.
So, what makes me me?
- I am the only one in my family with green eyes. Weird fact– they’ve become greener with age.
- I am an optimistic extrovert.
- Pale pink is my favorite color although my standard outfit is black- dress/pants/skirt. (I love the scarf pictured above. I bought it at a great stall at the Arles Saturday market in March 2015. I went back last March and bought a couple more! )
- Fall is my favorite season.
- I am proud to be from the Appalachian Mountains.
- I cry very easily.
- I have very vivid dreams, usually in color.
- I love to hum, whistle, and sing.
- I am messy, but I hate wrinkled clothes. I make my bed every morning. I rarely leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight. Maybe I am as messy as I think?
- I love to read and often am so immersed in my book that I dream about the characters. I think they are my new best friends.
- I have been known to stalk writers. It has lead to some very nice friendships, though.
- I love trivia.
- My secret (or not so secret, maybe) dream is to be a writer.
- I am very slow to anger, but when I am angry I get over it quickly.
- I have an abundance of common sense.
- I do not like being photographed. I would much rather be the photographer!
- I have no idea what my IQ is, but I do know that I am a hard worker. So, I really don’t care.
- I love pink lipstick and have way too much of it.
- I am a spiritual person.
- I love my two boys beyond reason.
- I do not leave my house without mascara.
- I am still ashamed of being mean to my 7th grade best friend. I wrote a very ugly note about her. Someone showed it to her.
- I am a procrastinator.
- I love to dress up in costumes. Ball gowns and evening dresses preferably. I have two tiaras.
- I am a terrible joke teller. I almost always mess up the punch line.
- I am going to be a grandmother in February 2017. Excited doesn’t begin to cover it. A girl!
- I am resilient.
- I am grateful for my life. Every single day.
- I love me and I know that I am a work in progress.
1 tablespoon cinnamon
5 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)